Application Process for Undergraduate Students:
Phase 1. Apply
Step 1. Visit https://isss.nmsu.edu to confirm that you meet all NMSU admission requirements except the language requirement.
Step 2. Complete the NMSU Online Application:
- Click on Create Account
- Complete the Application Account Creation Form
Make sure to write down your login and password details so that you can access your application later if the need arises
- Login and complete application
Be sure to enter the following on the Application:
Section 1: Enrollment information:
- Enrollment status: First Enrollment in ANY college or university even if you took college courses in high school
- Campus where you plan to enroll: NMSU – Doña Ana Community College
- Degree Expected: Two-year associate degree
- Field of study: Refer to this table to discover the associate degree that transfers to NMSU
- This CAN be changed later if you change your mind
- If you are unsure select “Associate in General Studies.”
Section 2: Personal Information:
- Citizenship: Foreign Citizen (Passport and visa will be requested as needed)
- If you are a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, select the option that applies to you.
Section 4: Academic Information:
- High School/Home School Attended:
- Click the “Look up” button.
- Type UNKNOWN into the School Name field.
- Click the Search button.
- Click on the entry entitled “000000_|_Unknown”
- On the application, replace “Unknown” with your institution’s name and type in the campus location.
Section 5: International Information:
- Unofficial TOFEL or IELTS test scores: Students who are applying for conditional admission and do not have TOEFL or IELTS scores do not need to submit scores for admission. However, a brief memo must be included that states that a TOEFL or IELTS score will not be submitted with the packet. Download and submit this form.
To expedite the admissions process, students should scan and attach the following documents: Official transcripts (original and translated), TOEFL or IELTS scores (if student has them), photocopy of the information page of passport, financial statement, letter of financial support (if financial statement does not include the student’s name). Attach this document under “Unofficial TOEFL or IELTS test scores”
Be sure to save and print a PDF version of your application.
If you have any questions regarding the application please Contact Us.
Step 3. Submit your Program Application Packet. Your Program Application Packet should include:
- A printed copy of your Application for Undergraduate Admission
- Official transcripts from student’s high school
- One official copy in English
- An original transcript
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores. (If available)
Note: Students who are applying for conditional admission and do not have TOEFL or IELTS scores do not need to submit scores for admission. However, this form must be included that states that a TOEFL or IELTS score will not be submitted with the packet.
- Financial statement verifying funds for at least $27,400.00
- Letter of financial support (if financial statement does not include the student’s name)
- Copy of high school diploma or certificate of completion
- Copy of student’s passport
Step 4. Courier Program Application Packet to:
Center for English Language Programs
New Mexico State University
International and Border Programs
P.O. Box 30001—MSC 3567
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001
Step 5. Wait to hear from NMSU regarding your acceptance. Please be patient as that process can be lengthy. Do not hesitate to Contact Us regarding any questions on the status of your application.
Phase 2. University Correspondence
Step 6. If you meet all international university requirements except English, you will receive a Conditional acceptance letter with instructions to contact CELP.